My photo
We are Erik and Jennifer Lankford...married for 11 years! We are the proud parents of Isaac Joseph who was born June 15, 2007 and Hadleigh Jane who was born July 15, 2007. They were placed in our home when they were 10 days old and adopted SEPTEMBER 12, 2008. On November 2, 2010 we welcomed Libby Louise into our family and we couldn't be happier. In July of 2012 we welcomed Isaac's biological brother to our family. Jaiden's adoption finalized on Feb 14, 2013. On November 21, 2012 we welcomed Mollie Ryan in to our home to bring us up to 5 children. We live in Aspermont, TX. I have been doing photography for 9 years. I shoot with the CANON 5D Mark II in hopes of buying the 1D eventually. My favorite lenses are the 70-200 2.8 IS and the 85mm prime! I LOVE LOVE LOVE photographing families, children, newborns, high school seniors and maternity!!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Well I made it through 1 night

Thanks for the encouragement ladies! I did make it through the first night and day without my hubby! Joey of course slept like a champ....he always does!! Hadleigh did wake up twice during the night, but I managed not to have to feed her until 6 am which is an accomplishment! She is FINALLY back to normal and actually opening her mouth so I can feed her instead of pursing her lips together and shaking her head back and forth! However I did have to pick her up early from day care today because of a HORRIBLE diaper rash from bad diapers all day! I don't know what caused this runny poop, but now I have to cancel my appointments again and keep her home! Oh well! I mean don't get me wrong I love spending as much time with my babies as I can, but I hate having to reschedule appointments! It makes me feel terrible. Anyway, tonight Memaw came over to eat dinner with us and play and help get everyone ready for bed! THANKS MEMAW! We love you!! Now they are fast asleep so I am headed for some slumber!

4 comments:

Tawny and Kya said...

How's my sleepyhead today? heehee

Ashley said...

Hey girl I have a great diaper rash cream that my dr. gave me. You mix Aquaphor lotion (found at Walgreen's and places like it), and cornstarch until the lotion is white. That's the cream! It's amazing and it doesn't hurt the little bottom b/c it doesn't have the zinc in it. Also, if her little bottom is all red and irritated (like Blair's always was), you put the cream on and then place a tea bag in the diaper. I know that sounds weird, but tea is a natural healer and the caffiene in it will make the redness go away. You just replace the bag each time you change the diaper! I swear it works. Blair had the most horrible diaper rash and this cleared up all the red in a little over 24 hours and the rest went away the next day. We call it booty cream at our house and we even have a special little tupperware container just for it.

Jenn said...

Thanks Ashley! I will DEFINITELY try that! I just feel so bad for her!

Mema said...

tea bag, huh, sounds like a winner! Just keep telling yourself .. "I will survive" (I think that is song, too)

Love you so much, Mema

Isaac Joseph Lankford

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Hadleigh Jane Lankford

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker