My photo
We are Erik and Jennifer Lankford...married for 11 years! We are the proud parents of Isaac Joseph who was born June 15, 2007 and Hadleigh Jane who was born July 15, 2007. They were placed in our home when they were 10 days old and adopted SEPTEMBER 12, 2008. On November 2, 2010 we welcomed Libby Louise into our family and we couldn't be happier. In July of 2012 we welcomed Isaac's biological brother to our family. Jaiden's adoption finalized on Feb 14, 2013. On November 21, 2012 we welcomed Mollie Ryan in to our home to bring us up to 5 children. We live in Aspermont, TX. I have been doing photography for 9 years. I shoot with the CANON 5D Mark II in hopes of buying the 1D eventually. My favorite lenses are the 70-200 2.8 IS and the 85mm prime! I LOVE LOVE LOVE photographing families, children, newborns, high school seniors and maternity!!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Tragic Bunny Story

So a two weeks ago on Wednesday I went to Comfort to borrow Kerri's bunnies for the studio. We have used them several times and 2 weeks ago on Thursday Hadleigh stayed home from school so I took her to the studio to have her portraits made in her Easter dress. Of course I was planning on taking Isaac too! Well I didn't do it that weekend because they were both not feeling well. Of course I got busy the next week and on Thursday I was ready to take him in for his portraits. Well, Teri calls me and says one of the bunnies is dead! YIKES!! From what we could tell they had gotten in to some of our silk flowers. They had food and water and we had just cleaned out their cage. So one of Teri's clients discarded of the bunny! So that left us with one. Needless to say I did not take Isaac in for his portraits. Something always comes up! Well I left for the weekend, promising him we would do it on Sunday when I returned. WELL, I got back into town, went by the studio to check on her and she was dead too!! OH NO!! Poor bunnies! I guess she ate the silk flowers too! OOPS! I'm so sorry Rhett! I hope you are not reading this. So in memory of the bunny here are some of her photos!



4 comments:

Kennell's said...

OH- how sad!!!! But the pictures turned out FANTASTIC!!!! LOVE EM!!!! Guess we'll be buying new bunnies for next year.....I'm just amazed that the tiny ducks survived MY clan!!!!

Rachel DeBell said...

Ok this is just so sad! But I guess I have little to say since we did eat alot of our rabbits growing up! Good ole west Texas!

GOt your message and was going to call you today, but had a LOUSY one. Didn't think it would be a great convo. with me in a bad mood! But that is sooooo weird. Totally small world. Let's try to talk this weekend!

Mema said...

It's probably just as well that you didn't have the rabbits for Joey after what he did to the little ducklings, the rabbits would've fought back! :) And the battle scars would not have faired well for pictures!

Love you so much, Mema

Mema said...

Forgot to say how beautiful your daughter was with the bunny! You sure know how to make her shine with that smile of hers!

She's gorgeous! Love you so much, Mema

Isaac Joseph Lankford

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Hadleigh Jane Lankford

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker