My photo
We are Erik and Jennifer Lankford...married for 11 years! We are the proud parents of Isaac Joseph who was born June 15, 2007 and Hadleigh Jane who was born July 15, 2007. They were placed in our home when they were 10 days old and adopted SEPTEMBER 12, 2008. On November 2, 2010 we welcomed Libby Louise into our family and we couldn't be happier. In July of 2012 we welcomed Isaac's biological brother to our family. Jaiden's adoption finalized on Feb 14, 2013. On November 21, 2012 we welcomed Mollie Ryan in to our home to bring us up to 5 children. We live in Aspermont, TX. I have been doing photography for 9 years. I shoot with the CANON 5D Mark II in hopes of buying the 1D eventually. My favorite lenses are the 70-200 2.8 IS and the 85mm prime! I LOVE LOVE LOVE photographing families, children, newborns, high school seniors and maternity!!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

About the name

Well some of you may be wondering...as you see I am calling him Isaac now...if that is what we are calling him. The answer is YES. It has been in the lead in the poll for a while now and that is actually the name we put on the papers that went to the lawyer. We still are unsure of the middle name. I really want to use Scott, but it may have to wait for the next boy. I feel like I should at least let Erik have a teeny tiny say so. So we are also thinking of calling him Isaac Joseph Lankford. It doesn't seem to roll off the tongue as well at first, but the more I say it the more I like it. Plus when you look at the meaning of the names it really fits him PERFECT. He is 9 months old now and smiles and laughs ALL the time. He is so happy considering where he came from and we are so BLESSED to have him in our lives. Please continue to pray for what is best for him. The countdown is on, only 6 weeks and 2 days until his trial date.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I like it. Issac Joseph. It sounds nice in my mouth. :) I will be praying for you guys!

Becky said...

well of course I love the name since I did suggest it... hahaha!!! I also think it is very big of you to allow Erik to have a teeny tiny say in the matter - what a lucky man he is to have you! :) I can't believe it is only 6 weeks away... wow. I am claiming it now - he and Hadleigh are all yours!!! :)

Leighanne said...

No soup for you! We like Isaac Scott. Tell Erik to change his own name to Joseph!

Mema said...

No argument from me, sweetpea has my name :) and it suits her!

Love you so much, Mema

Isaac Joseph Lankford

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Hadleigh Jane Lankford

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker