My photo
We are Erik and Jennifer Lankford...married for 11 years! We are the proud parents of Isaac Joseph who was born June 15, 2007 and Hadleigh Jane who was born July 15, 2007. They were placed in our home when they were 10 days old and adopted SEPTEMBER 12, 2008. On November 2, 2010 we welcomed Libby Louise into our family and we couldn't be happier. In July of 2012 we welcomed Isaac's biological brother to our family. Jaiden's adoption finalized on Feb 14, 2013. On November 21, 2012 we welcomed Mollie Ryan in to our home to bring us up to 5 children. We live in Aspermont, TX. I have been doing photography for 9 years. I shoot with the CANON 5D Mark II in hopes of buying the 1D eventually. My favorite lenses are the 70-200 2.8 IS and the 85mm prime! I LOVE LOVE LOVE photographing families, children, newborns, high school seniors and maternity!!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day

Well I was reading Becky's Mother's Day blog and realized I was behind and that we had a few things in common about our Mother's Day and that was that is was the whole weekend, and not just one day. It all started Friday at 11:30, Erik and I headed to San Antonio to stay at our Time Share for the night. We were actually meeting some friends there, but they were not arriving until around 5:00. So we got checked in and Erik took me for my 1st SURPRISE!! It was a 75 minute HOT STONE massage at the Watermark Day Spa. Apparently Eva Longoria Parker frequents here! Yes I know, HIGH CLASS!! Well the massage was wonderful. When our friends Jessica and John arrived, Jessica cooked spaghetti and I made a salad and we just visited for a while and walked downtown on the River Walk and had Ben and Jerry's for dessert! Before we went to bed I got another present...some pj's from American Eagle! I LOVE PJ's!! Then on Saturday we got up and before we left I got ANOTHER present..a cute little sundress. And then Erik and I just went shopping before I had to photograph a wedding and he had a baseball game. Of course the next morning we got up and went to church and then took mom aka MEMA to Cracker Barrell for lunch...it was sooooooooo yummy! Then when we got home I got my LAST present from my babies! It was a basket filled with all kinds of girly stuff like bath beads, and a candle and some other stuff and a charm for my charm bracelet that baby Ryan started for me last year! It was a GREAT Mother's Day. I told Erik he's going to have a lot to live up to next year! We'll see!
Other than that I feel so blessed to be a mom, especially to the most precious babies in the world! We are so thankful that God placed them in our lives and our home and hopefully FOREVER!! Only a week to go before court...(hopefully). I also feel blessed to have 2 Great mom's in my life! To my mom who has been so gracious of her time to take care of our babies while we went for an ADULT weekend and to Linda who came and stayed for 10 days to help while I was gone! Isaac and Hadleigh had a blast getting to know their Grandma! THANK YOU mom's for loving us and being an Inspiration in the way we raise our own children! We LOVE you!!!

2 comments:

Mema said...

You are so sweet! The blessing is ours you know! Not just in being grandmother's but in being the Mom's of such great kids! (Sorry Linda, but I know I am not speaking out of turn, and you would agree!) Thanks for helping Isaac become friends with the exercise ball, because as you know, now it's not just 4 steps, he's walking (and crawling too) all over the place! What a great trick! Anyway, you kids are both blessed and a blessing, and now when you get to be a grandma one day, you'll know this is the most wonderful place to be in the world! I had the greatest weekend with the kids on Mother's day, I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else! I love you guys soooooo much and look forward (mostly) to each and every moment with those babies ... and you guys too! PS - your doing great as parents, I love seeing you both with those babies. It brings such joy to the heart of a mother (grandma) and to God to see such warmth and love for children (not just your own).

Tawny and Kya said...

Jennifer, you are such a constant source of inspiration for me as a mom. You handle twice as much, with more grace and joy than most people with no children. God knew that you were meant to be a mom of "all" and He has used you as a testimony to women everywhere.
I admire and love you like you wouldn't believe. I cannot wait to watch your continued life as a mommy unfold before all of our eyes!
Praise God for you!

Isaac Joseph Lankford

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Hadleigh Jane Lankford

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker