My photo
We are Erik and Jennifer Lankford...married for 11 years! We are the proud parents of Isaac Joseph who was born June 15, 2007 and Hadleigh Jane who was born July 15, 2007. They were placed in our home when they were 10 days old and adopted SEPTEMBER 12, 2008. On November 2, 2010 we welcomed Libby Louise into our family and we couldn't be happier. In July of 2012 we welcomed Isaac's biological brother to our family. Jaiden's adoption finalized on Feb 14, 2013. On November 21, 2012 we welcomed Mollie Ryan in to our home to bring us up to 5 children. We live in Aspermont, TX. I have been doing photography for 9 years. I shoot with the CANON 5D Mark II in hopes of buying the 1D eventually. My favorite lenses are the 70-200 2.8 IS and the 85mm prime! I LOVE LOVE LOVE photographing families, children, newborns, high school seniors and maternity!!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Chicken Pox: That's what we get for THINKING!

So yesterday I took Hadleigh to the Dr. b/c she had what I "thought" were bug bites all over her. A few weeks ago at her 9 month check up the Dr. did a culture on what we "thought" was a bug bite and it came back normal, but he said to bring her back if she got more. Well she didn't really get more until a few days ago. Last week she ran a little fever and we "thought" it was an ear infection, but decided to wait it out a few days and see. Well Friday when she came home from Daycare she was running fever again, so our friends who kept them gave her some tylenol and then Sunday morning when we got home from church I noticed that she had some more "bites" around her armpit. I'm not kidding they look like flea or ant bites. Anyway I really needed to get some work done so we took both of them to school on Monday not really thinking about it and when she came home Monday evening she had even MORE "bites", so being the smart mom that I am I took her in yesterday morning only to discover it was CHICKEN POX!!! Who would have thought they could get it this young! Actually I am kind of glad, b/c now we won't have to give them the Chicken Pox vaccination which doesn't always work anyway! There is still an 20% chance your kid will get it even with the vaccination! They gave her some medicine that should help it not last as long! I don't know if you can really see them that well, but here are some pics (if you click on the image it should enlarge). She has them everywhere, behind her ears, on her head, by her eye, under her arms, in her "diaper line", on her legs and back! It's awful.

3 comments:

Tawny and Kya said...

Bug bites. Heehee!!!! I hope they disappear soon. :)

Becky said...

I guess the silver lining here is that you don't have a crazy bug infestation in your house! :) Hopefully the pox will go away soon!!

Mema said...

Sorry to say that even "Mema" didn't even think of the POX! Oops! I know it has been a long and hard 10 days, but at least she couldn't do any heavy duty scratching that might scar, so all is well! I love you all so much! You didn't mention that Isaac had them too, just not as bad, so now it will all be over!

Isaac Joseph Lankford

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Hadleigh Jane Lankford

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker