My photo
We are Erik and Jennifer Lankford...married for 11 years! We are the proud parents of Isaac Joseph who was born June 15, 2007 and Hadleigh Jane who was born July 15, 2007. They were placed in our home when they were 10 days old and adopted SEPTEMBER 12, 2008. On November 2, 2010 we welcomed Libby Louise into our family and we couldn't be happier. In July of 2012 we welcomed Isaac's biological brother to our family. Jaiden's adoption finalized on Feb 14, 2013. On November 21, 2012 we welcomed Mollie Ryan in to our home to bring us up to 5 children. We live in Aspermont, TX. I have been doing photography for 9 years. I shoot with the CANON 5D Mark II in hopes of buying the 1D eventually. My favorite lenses are the 70-200 2.8 IS and the 85mm prime! I LOVE LOVE LOVE photographing families, children, newborns, high school seniors and maternity!!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

NAME SEARCH

I know it sounds crazy, but we really feel like it is important to change our babies names once we adopt them. For a few reasons: 1. We want anonymity (is that how you spell that)? we don't want a name so close to what they have now that someone might find them. 2. We just think that we should be able to make it our own instead of a nickname to their birth name.

So we have come up with a name for Alli:
Her new name will most likely be Hadleigh Jane Lankford.

But not so much luck with Joey. So we are up for some suggestions. Here are some that we like (or at least I do anyway--Erik is not sold on anything I have come up with :) ) These names are actually names that are "INSPIRED" (Nymbler) by my PaPa's name which is Reuben Lonnie. Or if you can come up with something out of his name we are up for that too!

1. Ryder Scott (Just to clarify..this is my Fav): 5 VOTES
2. Lucas Ryan
3. Joseph Ryan (Erik's Favorite that he picked out himself) 2 VOTES (Sorry Greg! :)
4. Mason: 1 VOTE
5. Caden: 1 VOTE
6. Ryan
7. Grady
8. Wiley
9. Hosea
10. Miles
11. Amos
12. Isaac: 5 VOTES
13. Harrison (Harris for short (Thanks Kathy) definitely would not be HARRY) : 4 VOTES
14. Hudson: 1 VOTE

So if you like any of these let us know or if you come up with something else that fits him let me know too! We NEED HELP!!! Leave a comment and I will add your vote to the name (s) you like best!

9 comments:

Taylor Made said...

Harrison..... Hadleigh and Harrison, sounds great together!

mama_lynch said...

I'm loving Isaac.

Greg Peschel said...

first, i love the blog.
second, i love alli's potential name.
third, there are two things to consider when thinking of a new name for joey. this is texas so make sure it is a name that won't get his butt kicked on the playground and make sure it isn't so white it ignores his hispanic heritage. so with that in mind throw out the harrisons and hudsons of the list and go with either joseph (erik's choice*) or isaac.
greg

*erik did not put me up to this. i swear.

Unknown said...

I love Mason! Im also liking Harrison! Good luck, names are the hardest!!

Kathy said...

Jenn, I liked all the names you listed, but I think I like Harrison best, especially if you call him "Harris". I once worked for an attorney named Harris and always thought it sounded distinguished.

Kennell's said...

I LOVE # 1 - I also like Ryler Scott- that's cool too!!! I f you go with Erik's choice- he could be JR!!!! I think Hadleigh is absolutely PRECIOUS!!!!! YAY!!!!! I agree with Katie though- Isaac is a fantastic name!!!! Always LOVED it!!!!

Becky said...

Where did you come up with Hadleigh? I love it... I'm seeing a theme with the names you picked, Jenn... with Scott and Leigh! :) I love them though. We had such a tough time with boy names which is why we were glad we didn't have a boy. I do love the name Ryder. but, I agree with what Greg said about his hispanic heritage so I really like the name Isaac as well. Can I have 2 votes? And can I also say that I love that you are getting people's opinion... this coming from the person that didn't tell anyone her daughter's name until after she was born for fear of the opinions. You have always been braver than me and I love you for it. :)

Greg Peschel said...

erik and i took a poll at church and we found 26 people who liked the name joseph.

greg



this political advertisement was paid for by the friends of erik lankford for naming joey fund.

Mema said...

I'm all over Issac Scott. And the theme (by the way) also includes Mema's middle name (lovin' that) and so is my Momo (also a Jane and my best friend) ... I'm excited to discover what you two finally decide upon ... knowing that this voting mess is just an opinion poll and the majority does not rule ... ha, ha!

Isaac Joseph Lankford

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Hadleigh Jane Lankford

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker