My photo
We are Erik and Jennifer Lankford...married for 11 years! We are the proud parents of Isaac Joseph who was born June 15, 2007 and Hadleigh Jane who was born July 15, 2007. They were placed in our home when they were 10 days old and adopted SEPTEMBER 12, 2008. On November 2, 2010 we welcomed Libby Louise into our family and we couldn't be happier. In July of 2012 we welcomed Isaac's biological brother to our family. Jaiden's adoption finalized on Feb 14, 2013. On November 21, 2012 we welcomed Mollie Ryan in to our home to bring us up to 5 children. We live in Aspermont, TX. I have been doing photography for 9 years. I shoot with the CANON 5D Mark II in hopes of buying the 1D eventually. My favorite lenses are the 70-200 2.8 IS and the 85mm prime! I LOVE LOVE LOVE photographing families, children, newborns, high school seniors and maternity!!

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Adoption Granted!!!

Yesterday, SEPTEMBER 12, 2008, we adopted Isaac and Hadleigh! We went to the courthouse around 9:30 am to sign papers etc. It was a "Mass Adoption": meaning that there were 52 children being adopted at the same time! Isaac and Hadleigh both fell asleep before it even started. Once they started talking on the microphone, Hadleigh woke up, but Isaac slept through the WHOLE thing! Our lawyer spoke and told about what was going to happen and that San Antonio is #1 in the NATION in adoptions. Once the judges came in we all had to stand and be sworn in. Then they called out the parents names one by one and the parents would stand and they would say how many children you were adopting. One lady was adopting 5 children!!!! It started about 10:40 and we were done about 11:10!! Then we all stood in line to have our picture made with the judges. After that, my mom and brother and Erik and the babies and I went to eat lunch! My brother Nick had to be at work at 3:30 so he and my mom left after lunch. We all took a nap & then went to eat dinner!! We were all so exhausted we went to bed early!!

my baby giving me kisses!!

ONE tired girl!!

Asleep before it even starts!

The two outside charms are the ones Erik bought me for the adoption. They are engraved with their names and birth dates!!


Hadleigh's CPS caseworker, Claudia. Isaac's case worker did not come.
Isaac's lawyer


ADOPTION GRANTED!!!
CPS had a party after the adoption with cupcakes, candy and gave all the kids a stuffed animal! These are the puppies they got! We did not stay to eat cupcakes! Opted to eat mexican food instead!

With Judge Garcia and Judge Montemayor
Our TFL adoption caseworker, BRENDA. She came from Austin to be there.




Hadleigh trying to put on her new shoe!
The BEXAR COUNTY COURTHOUSE from our balcony

So proud crawling in to the chair all BY himself!

13 comments:

Leighanne said...

I love it! I am so sorry I could not come. everyone looked so pretty. I loved Karen's dress! I know you guys are relieved.

Lauren said...

I love it! I am tearing up. Your patience and faith has given you both of those kids. I am so happy for you and I love you.

Jacy said...

I am so happy for you guys!

Jenn said...

Well thanks everyone! We are so RELIEVED and thankful!!

Greg Peschel said...

That is so cool and I can't imagine the emotions of the day. I am also proud of Erik for the gift he got you. I didn't know that boy had it in him. haha.

Can't wait to celebrate!
greg

merydwen said...

so sweet! your pictures made me cry! love the charms, too! what a great idea! terry and gloria celebrate two days with their kids, their birthday and their "gotcha day!"

Molly Harper said...

Oh my gosh, I am tearing up! I am SO happy for you! One day Isaac and Hadleigh are going to know how lucky they are to have such great parents like you!

Kennell's said...

Congratulations AGAIN!!! It was so great to see you guys yesterday! We have to get together soon! The kids are darling! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!!!!!!

The Gray Gang said...

i can't tell you how thrilled i am 4 you guys! so long awaited...and no sweeter deserving parents or kiddos! oh, you've got so much fun and excitement ahead as a family!

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!

mama_lynch said...

Congratulations Jenn. That really is exciting. I'm glad Joshie got to hang out with you guys this weekend too. Thanks for letting him spend the night and play with you guys.

Ashley said...

Congratulations! I have tears in my eyes from reading this and I am so excited for you guys! Wow! Congrats!

Becky said...

I am just now seeing this post. So sorry! I am tearing up just looking at the pictures and thinking about what a special day that was for you guys! God is so good and I'm so proud of you and Erik and think you guys are the BEST parents!! Love you and can't wait to celebrate with you on Oct. 19th!!

Isaac Joseph Lankford

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Hadleigh Jane Lankford

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker