My photo
We are Erik and Jennifer Lankford...married for 11 years! We are the proud parents of Isaac Joseph who was born June 15, 2007 and Hadleigh Jane who was born July 15, 2007. They were placed in our home when they were 10 days old and adopted SEPTEMBER 12, 2008. On November 2, 2010 we welcomed Libby Louise into our family and we couldn't be happier. In July of 2012 we welcomed Isaac's biological brother to our family. Jaiden's adoption finalized on Feb 14, 2013. On November 21, 2012 we welcomed Mollie Ryan in to our home to bring us up to 5 children. We live in Aspermont, TX. I have been doing photography for 9 years. I shoot with the CANON 5D Mark II in hopes of buying the 1D eventually. My favorite lenses are the 70-200 2.8 IS and the 85mm prime! I LOVE LOVE LOVE photographing families, children, newborns, high school seniors and maternity!!

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Issac's New look

Well last Tuesday we went in for Isaac to get his hair cut for the 2nd time at the salon! He did so good! Don't know that you can really tell in this picture, but we cut off quite a bit more this time than last! This same day after Erik got off work we went to our friends Chad and Kerri's for dinner that night! After dinner we went down stairs to get our adjustment! While Kerri was adjusting me, Isaac took her activator ( a metal instrument used to adjust with---NOT PAINFUL) and was walking around with it! Well apparently he had it in his mouth (not surprising....since EVERYTHING goes there) and tripped and fell and hit the treadmill! Well he cried for a few seconds and we laid him down to do his adjustment and I noticed that he had bit his lip AND CHIPPED his FRONT top tooth!! IT WAS AWFUL!!! Well for me anyway! I was obviously more traumatized than he or anyone else for that matter!! So the next morning I called our dentist and friend Dr. Kendra Wren. She recommended that we see a PEDIATRIC dentist because they may have to "PUT HIM UNDER". Okay so I was fine until she said that! I pretty much lost it after that! She gave me the name and # to a dentist in Boerne called Little Smiles.
So I call and talk to the receptionist and as soon as she started asking me what happened, I lost it again....needless to say Erik had to take the phone away and finish the conversation!
Here is Erik and Isaac signing in! This place was so cute!

The damage is done! This was before we went back to see the dentist.
We saw the assistant first and they had to take an xray of his tooth so they could determine what to do next. The doctor came in and said they would need to pull it. The tooth was cracked VERTICALLY and HORIZONTALLY! The nerve was also showing! They informed us they would have to give him a little bit of gas and the procedure would take about 10-15 minutes and he would come out of it immediately when they were done and that we could not be in the room when they did it. So we went out to the waiting room and waited!
Right before we left this little guy with COMPLETE STRANGERS...he is still ALL SMILES!! He is such a trooper! He hasn't been bothered by it one bit! I love this boy!!

4 comments:

Mema said...

Trauma is always worse for MOM than for anyone else! He is such a little trooper! I am sure that smile (even without the tooth) melts the hearts of all doctors and nurses ... I know it does mine! Just think, it could have been a silver tooth (like Nick). I think it just gives more character to his sweetness! Love you little boy!

The Gray Gang said...

aww...bless your heart. that's so traumatizing 4 a mom. thank the LORD that kids are so resilient.

eva said...

Issac always has a beautiful smile,
He is such a wonderful little boy and we love him a lot.

Becky said...

Proud of you Mom for hanging in there. I totally understand and would have done exactly what you did - bawled! :) Glad he isn't phased by it at all and is recovering from the "pull". Poor guy!!

Isaac Joseph Lankford

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Hadleigh Jane Lankford

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker