My photo
We are Erik and Jennifer Lankford...married for 11 years! We are the proud parents of Isaac Joseph who was born June 15, 2007 and Hadleigh Jane who was born July 15, 2007. They were placed in our home when they were 10 days old and adopted SEPTEMBER 12, 2008. On November 2, 2010 we welcomed Libby Louise into our family and we couldn't be happier. In July of 2012 we welcomed Isaac's biological brother to our family. Jaiden's adoption finalized on Feb 14, 2013. On November 21, 2012 we welcomed Mollie Ryan in to our home to bring us up to 5 children. We live in Aspermont, TX. I have been doing photography for 9 years. I shoot with the CANON 5D Mark II in hopes of buying the 1D eventually. My favorite lenses are the 70-200 2.8 IS and the 85mm prime! I LOVE LOVE LOVE photographing families, children, newborns, high school seniors and maternity!!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wising Up: Whenever Life Happens

I am taking a 4 week Bible Study with Beth Moore in Proverbs. This week was a REALLY great week being that Erik and I have been meeting with a financial advisor trying to pay debt off and prepare for our future. I just wanted to share this outline with everyone in case you need to hear this as well. Sometimes money issues can be so stressful and Beth helps us to see how we can be in bondage to it and we DON'T have to be!

PART 1: Why Money is useless in the hand of a fool
  • Nothing attracts more pretense
  1. Proverbs13:7 and 19:4
  • Nothing proves less faithful
  1. Proverbs 23:4,5 (Compare Ecclesiastes 5:10)
  2. Proverbs 11:28 (Example Proverbs15:27) 1 Timothy 6:9-10
  3. Proverbs 19:22
  • Nothing invites more slavery.
  1. Matthew 6:24 "Devoted" : to cling to
  2. Proverbs 22:7 (Compare Proverbs 11:15)
  3. Deuteronomy 8:18

Part 2: Why money is useful in the hands of the wise.


  • Read Proverbs 3:9-10. GOD CAN BE HONORED WITH IT!
  1. 2 Corinthians 9: 6-9
  • Read Proverbs 11:25, 22:9 (Contrast 28:27): OTHERS CAN BE HELPED WITH IT!
  • Read Proverbs 2:8-9: WE CAN HAVE THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF IT

4 comments:

Autumn said...

I wish I would have gotten my booty up there Wednesday! Sounds like a great one. Do ya'll listen to Dave Ramsey?

Did you redo your blog? I really like it ... I am half crazy so it may be the same lol

Jenn said...

We actually do listen to Dave Ramsey sometimes. We went through his program a few years back (before kids HA!) When we moved to Kerrville, we really dropped the ball!

Yes I re-did my blog! LOL!

Autumn said...

We love Dave! You can imagine (or maybe not!) the amount of student loans we have w/ 2 chiropractic school loans *cry* We've been on baby step 2 for a looong while. But at least we have a plan and we haven't taken on new debt in years. Now that income is much higher we hope to be able to scream "WE'RE DEBT FREE" in a year or 2. Will definitely have a party on that day!

I'm glad you redid your blog b/c I LOVE the site you used so much I changed mine. I even took a new pic of the kids to sort of match lol.

Kennell's said...

Ummm our blogs look strangely the same;)

Isaac Joseph Lankford

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Hadleigh Jane Lankford

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker